You might be at home watching the news or scrolling through your social media feed and seeing the headlines for news reports that can only be something from The Onion. For those of you not familiar with The Onion, much like me when I began my undergrad at UW-Madison, it is a newspaper based on satire.
Unfortunately, the headlines are true. The abortion industry and their well-financed elected pro-death candidates are pulling back the curtain and showing us what safe and rare really looks like. Not rare and not safe, but available at all stages, even up until birth, and removing protections for unborn babies who are born alive during an unsuccessful abortion.
These headlines have caused an uproar in the country. I have witnessed an increase in contacts to our organization unlike any I have seen since I began working here over five years ago. I have watched as my social media feeds are filled with people posting about the absolute devastation of these laws – people I never knew feel the way I do.
In the end, I believe that the extreme measures have awoken a lion and it has unleashed the people in our country who will rise in outrage over these abhorrent acts. Acts of violence to the unborn, to the mothers, to the babies who are left to die and to people who will be forced to participate in abortions against their will.
Here are some easy, yet effective, steps to get involved and share your voice for those who have no voice.
- Sign up on our website to stay up-to-date on all of our action alerts, Life Voice Online, and more;
- Contact your State Senator and State Representatives and share with them your concern about WI becoming the next New York. Make sure they know that having Attorney General Kaul represent the State of Wisconsin against Planned Parenthood will put thousands of lives at risk in Wisconsin; it will be the beginning of Wisconsin heading towards a complete repeal of all our protective, pro-life laws;
- Let us know where you are – we want to connect you with a local chapter;
- Join us at Friends for Life;
- Write letters to the editor;
- Contact Attorney General Josh Kaul and let him know he is not the right person to represent the State of Wisconsin in a lawsuit brought on by Planned Parenthood;
- Join us at our Legislative Conference on March 12, 2019, where you will have an opportunity to lobby your elected official’s offices in person;
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- Share all the information with at least five of your friends.
If we do not have an motivated group of dedicated pro-life activists doing all we can, you can be sure Wisconsin will be next. Late in the end of the legislative session in 2018, Rep. Chris Taylor introduced a bill which will effectively make those of us in Wisconsin as ill-equipped as New York when it comes to protecting the most innocent born and unborn children in our state.
It is simply a matter of time, and one election away, from Wisconsin becoming New York.
Get involved TODAY!