Wisconsin Right to Life’s legislative program is a leader in the nation. Over the years, we have made incredible achievements with limited resources, but a passionate for our cause – to protect the most vulnerable.
Here are highlights of some of our major legislative accomplishments:
- Conscience protections for medical professionals who do not wish to participate in abortions.
- Retaining Wisconsin’s original abortion statute that would go into effect if Roe v. Wade is overturned, and amending it to ensure no woman is ever held criminally liable for obtaining an abortion.
- Retaining Wisconsin’s statue prohibiting assisted suicide to ensure those that are older, ill, or living with disabilities are protected from coercion and abuse.
- Abortion Reporting requirements that provide information about the number of abortions that occur in Wisconsin and key information about those abortions.
- Informed Consent so a woman seeking an abortion is fully informed about abortion and its risks, as well as abortion alternatives.
- A cumulative $9 million taxpayer dollars redirected away from Planned Parenthood, an abortion provider.
- A law to give women the opportunity to see their unborn baby via ultrasound before making the life-or-death decision of obtaining an abortion.
- A law to protect unborn children capable of feeling pain (20 weeks post-fertilization age) from abortion.
All of these accomplishments would never have happened without a savvy legislative team and a grassroots network ready to roll up its sleeves and encourage our elected officials to stand for life. We aim to revolutionize how we organize and reach out to the next generation of activists, and rely on your partnership to usher our legislative program into the 21st century.